2009/04/22

Re: Curmudgeons at the PIZZA PALACE


The Kickin' Devil Cafe in the Northeast Industrial Park started doing breakfast some weeks ago.  I heard the food was good, but have yet to eat there myself.  I have been inside.  Recently remodeled.  No dust hanging from the air vents!  Some of their menu is Cajun, and some is not.  I seem to recall the breakfast menu looked pretty conventional, but had a fair number of offerings.

Kickin' Devil Cafe

2017 NE 27th Ave

Gainesville FL, FL 32609

(352) 505-6660‎


I live near Micanopy, so if y'all want to come down to The Pearl convenience store and breakfast joint, that would make it MUCH easier for me to be there!  I believe the place is owned by the Carr family, the naturalists, etc.  Breakfast is pretty conventional.  I think some of the combination plates offer a fair bit of food, but then they'd have to, because there are some folks down here who burn some serious calories at work.


The Pearl's store inventory is a lot of convenience store stuff, plus books on the environment and local history, the occasional locally produced items such as jams and bread, and other interesting tidbits, an odd mix, like most things here in Micanopy.  That's what we specialize in, in Micanopy, odd mixes.  I'm a bit of an odd mix myself.  My favorite Micanopy t-shirt says, "Where Mayberry meets the Twilight Zone".


I hope to make it to breakfast one of these times, but my schedule doesn't line up well with this.  Some days I could make brunch, other days I have to finish breakfast long before 8 AM, and it tends to change every few months.  Urk.


Dang, now I've done it.  All this talk about food and I'm hungry and it's past my bedtime.


Is the Curmudgeon Breakfast always at 8:30?  (In case I can pry myself loose.)


Wayne




Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 10:23:30 AM, you wrote:



A repeat visit to PIZZA PALACE for Friday at NW 13th St and 6th Ave.

 


43rd Street Deli off 43rd Steet was mentioned but we ate there 2 weeks ago. The place is "seedy".  Air ducts are filfthy and the dust globs will inevitably fall in your coffee. The place needs big renovation in my opinion. 


The Jones restaurant at 401 NE 23 Ave was recommended by Bob and Ed 

but does DOES NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS.  Good menu but Cash only.

 



 Harold says he is going to look at the place on NW 8th Avenue, near GPD, today.  Any comments? admonitions? serious concerns?  ...  

 

...hit "reply all" ...  

 

 ... nina




No comments: